The Plymouth Prowler Makes the Cut.
Hagerty, renowned for its insurance services for car collectors and an expanding presence in automotive media and culture, has unveiled its 2024 Bull Market List. This eagerly anticipated list showcases a selection of vehicles that Hagerty experts believe are on the cusp of significant appreciation in the collector car market.
The 2024 edition presents an intriguing mix of classics, ranging from expected icons to surprising inclusions, reflecting a diverse market interest. Despite a general softening in the collector car market in 2023, influenced by inflation and dipping auction prices, Hagerty's list identifies certain models with strong potential for future gains.
Key highlights of the 2024 Bull Market List include:
- 1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary – A quintessential supercar icon.
- 1946-1950 Chrysler Town & Country – Celebrated for its elegant wood-paneled design.
- 2008-2013 BMW M3 – Revered for its performance and engineering.
- 1997-1999 Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution – A Dakar Rally legend with a limited production run.
- 2011-2016 Ferrari FF – A modern Ferrari with unique appeal.
- 2000-2005 Jaguar XKR – Notable for its abundant low-mileage examples at approachable prices.
- 1965-1970 Chevrolet Impala SS – A classic American muscle car.
- 1981-1986 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler – An off-road enthusiast's dream.
- 1964-1966 Ford Thunderbird – A symbol of 60s luxury and style.
- 1997-2002 Plymouth Prowler – A modern roadster with retro styling.
Interestingly, the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution and the Jaguar XKR stand out as unexpected choices. The Pajero Evolution's rarity and rally heritage make it a sought-after collectible, while the XKR's affordability and availability present a unique opportunity for collectors.
Hagerty clarifies that the Bull Market List is not about glorifying rising car prices or suggesting vehicles as purely financial investments. The focus is on guiding enthusiasts towards fulfilling their passion for classic cars without breaking the bank. The underlying message from Hagerty is clear: collecting classic cars should be about enjoyment and passion rather than financial gain. The 2024 Bull Market List serves as a beacon for car enthusiasts, showing that there are still exciting opportunities to own a piece of automotive history.